What is Inflammation?
Inflammation is something that happens to everyone, whether you are aware of it or not. The immune system of an individual creates inflammation to help and protect the body from any disease, injury or an infection. In fact, you might know of its existence but there are a lot of things you would not have been able to heal from had it not been for inflammation and what it does.
There are two main common types of Inflammation that experts essentially know of:
- Acute inflammation
- Chronic inflammation
There are quite a few Inflammation symptoms that individuals must know about. It must be noted that the symptoms of this condition depend upon where in the body the inflammation is happening and why is it happening. We have listed some of the most common ones across the different types below for your reference and knowledge:
- Suffering from frequent infections
- Sudden increase in weight of an individual
- Experiencing body pain
- Suffering from gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhoea, constipation and an acid reflux
- Feeling constant fatigue
- Having difficult falling asleep at night or insomnia
- Having anxiety, depression and other types of mood disorders
- Loss of function
- Numbness and tingling
These are some common reasons for Inflammation that people experience.
Who is at Risk?
There are various Inflammation risk factors as it can happen to anyone due to multiple reasons. Because of this it becomes difficult to point out who is at a risk for it and who is not. However, experts have been able to identify certain possible risk factors related to this. We have mentioned them below for your reference and understanding of the same:
- Someone who is suffering from certain acute conditions
- Someone who has a lot of allergies or is constantly suffering from different allergies
- An individual who has some sort of infection in the body
There are many factors that lead to Inflammation causes which have been identified by health experts. We have discussed below for your understanding some of these causes in details:
- Suffering from acute and chronic medical conditions
- Certain medications that an individual is taking
- Being exposed to foreign materials or certain irritants that your body is not able to eliminate easily
- Certain foods like can cause or worsen inflammation especially in people who are suffering from autoimmune disorders: trans fats, alcohol, sugar, processed meats and refined carbohydrates.
These are some common causes that are known to cause this condition.
How is Inflammation diagnosed?
For Inflammation diagnosis, an Inflammation doctor will need to perform a certain number of Inflammation tests as there is no one test to understand what is causing this to happen. As mentioned, the doctor may then have to conduct multiple tests to get to the root cause of the problem. Some of these tests include:
- Various blood tests such as serum protein electrophoresis, C-reactive protein, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, plasma viscosity. The reason why so many multiple tests are done is to help diagnose this condition in the body. However, it might not always be sufficient or reliable as it might not really tell you what is exactly wrong
- Diagnostic tests like colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and upper endoscopy
How is Inflammation treated?
There are different methods for Inflammation treatment. These are both home remedies and ones that is prescribed by the doctor. We have mentioned it below for you:
- Certain creams might be prescribed by the doctor to help relieve the individual of pain
- Consume anti-inflammatory foods and exclude ones mentioned above
- In certain cases, the doctor may prescribe some medicine for inflammation.
Cure.Fit, your friendly health care provider offering a variety of services for various health conditions. They some of the best rheumatologist from all over India to attend to any and all medical requirements. Their services are listed on their app and website. You should consider them if you’ve been looking for a good inflammation cure.
How can Inflammation be prevented?
Inflammation prevention then it can be done by keeping some simple measures in mind. These can be done easily at home as well. Some of these have been mentioned below for your understanding and consideration:
- As mentioned above, start with including anti-inflammatory food to your diet. These include various fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, mushroom, broccoli, avocado and fatty fish like mackerel and salmon
- Take supplements as prescribed by the doctor
- Make use of hot or cold therapy to reduce any swelling or discomfort
- Ensure that you are managing your stress levels
- Quit smoking